The b small Young Language Learner Award 2022 is open for submissions between 27 June and 01 August 2022. Children aged between 6-11 are encouraged to send in a four-page story or comic (two sides of A4) written in a language of their choice, other than a mother tongue.
The theme for 2022 is ADVENTURE.
- Download and print the following information from the bottom of this page.
–The entry cover form
–A story template of your choice. You can choose from a written story template or a comic template. The finished story should be no longer than 2 A4 pages in your chosen format.
–Information for submission (Can refer to this on screen, not essential to print)
–Hints and tips (Can refer to this on screen, not essential to print)
- Help your child choose the language they want to write their story in. It can be any language at all – just so long as it’s not a mother tongue!
- Write the story directly onto the story template. You can help your child with our printable hints and tips sheet, with prompts and ideas for what to write about as well as foreign language tips.
- Fill out the entry cover form with all the information – we can’t enter you into the competition without this!
- Send us the finished story and entry cover form. You can either do this by:
-Sending a scan of both the finished story and entry cover form to email@example.com with the subject YLLA ENTRY 2022
-Or if you don’t have access to a scanner, you can post the finished story and entry cover form to the following address:
b small publishing YLLA
FAO Naomi Weeks
111 Gloucester Rd
That’s it! Entries close on Mon 01 August and the winners will be announced on the European Day of Languages, Mon 26 September. b small will publish the winning entry as a PDF on their website, and the winner will also receive 10 language learning books from b small, with 2nd and 3rd runners up receiving 5 books and 2 books respectively.